Maricopa Family Support Alliance
Maricopa Family Support Alliance hosted Dr. Rand Conger on June 1, 2012 for a special dialogue about the social and economic influences on family and children.
Part 1: Dr. Rand Conger Presentation
Part 2: Q&A with Audience
The Maricopa Family Support Alliance was formed in April 2011 as a means to better connect family support service providers in support of families in Maricopa County.
- The Alliance brings together agencies and individuals who are committed to improving the quality of life for all families in Maricopa County.
- The Alliance is not a service provider in itself, but it is about building and supporting healthy relationships between Alliance members.
- The Alliance is like glue connecting together the different Alliance members.
- The Alliance is about sharing resources, coordinating services, lifting up and empowering families and their voices.
- The Alliance has a bias toward action, especially actions which lead to better outcomes for families.
- The Alliance believes that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
“Families prospering in supportive communities.”
The Mission of the Maricopa Family Support Alliance is: To build an alliance of family support agencies that provides cohesive opportunities for families to be successful.
The Maricopa Family Support Alliance is committed to:
- Always putting families first – Families are the experts of their own lives and can best identify the greatest needs and methods to meet those needs;
- Providing services and supports that are culturally relevant;The belief that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts;
- Establishing and achieving specific outcomes;
- Ensuring open communication;
- Working together;
- Leaving the agency hat at the door; the focus on families drives our thinking; and
- Being flexible and adapting to the strengths and needs presented by families. Read More
Alliance Member Agencies
A Stepping Stone Foundation, Adelante Healthcare, ADES – Child Protective Services, Arizona Partnership for Children, Arizona’s Children Association, Association of Supportive Child Care, Cardon Children’s Medical Center, Catholic Charities, Chandler Christian Community Center, Chicanos Por La Causa, Parenting Arizona, Child & Family Resources, Inc., Child Crisis Center, City of Phoenix, Communities in Schools, Crisis Nursery, Inc., Educare, Family Involvement Center, Human Resource Training, ICM Food & Clothing Bank, International Rescue Committee, John C Lincoln, Desert Mission, Lutheran Social Services of the Southwest, Maricopa County Human Services Department, Maricopa Integrated Health Systems, Maricopa County Public Health, Native American Connections, Phoenix Children’s Hospital, Quality Care Network, Raising Special Kids, Southwest Human Development, Southwest Institute for Families and Children, Teen Outreach Pregnancy Services, Tempe Community Council, TERROS, UMOM New Day Centers, United Cerebral Palsy, Valle Del Sol, Wesley Community Center, Women’s Health Coalition, Worthy Institute, YWCA Maricopa County
Become an Alliance Member Agency
The Maricopa Family Support Alliance is comprised of community based organizations and local government agencies providing an array of direct services for families in Maricopa County. To become a member agency, organizations commit to Alliance Vision, Mission and principles and to participating in actions that align with the mission of the Alliance. Click here for the Commitment to Participate form.
Alliance Reports & Resource Documents
-About Maricopa Family Support Alliance
-Alliance Focus Group Report
-Alliance Family Support Directory
-Alliance Member Agency Descriptions
-Alliance Member Agency Contact Information